Aloo Gobi (Cauliflower with Potatoes)
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 red potatoes
- a chunk of ginger (the size of a garlic clove)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp hing
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp coriander power
- 1 tsp red chili power
- 1/2 tsp garam masa
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp semase oil
- some cilantro/coriander leaves
- chop the cauliflower in half, break off the florets by hand, and cut big ones into a bite size.
- removes the eyes from the potatoes, cut them into a 1 cm cube (1/2 inch) with the skin on.
- peel and grate the ginger.
- heat semase oil in a pot with a thick bottom, and add cumin seeds.
- add hing and grated ginger, and mix well.
- add turmeric, coriander, and red chili poweder and stir.
- lower the heat to medium low, add cauliflower, potatoes, salt, and mix well.
- cover and cook for 7 min, shake vigorously with the cover on (or stir), and cook another 7 min.
- sprinkle garam masala, stir, cover, and cook for additional 5 min.
- serve with chopped cilantro.
this recipe is taken from Sookhi Gobhi Aloo.